Friday, May 18, 2007

Psalm 23
A psalm of David.
1. The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.
2. He makes me lie down in green pastures,

he leads me beside quiet waters, 3. he restores my soul.
He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
4. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,

I will fear no evil, for you are with me;
your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
5. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies.

You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.
6. Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life,

and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.

i love this psalm. the twenty-third psalm.
the LORD revealed to me something this week through this psalm. well, i asked the LORD a question, "You told me that goodness, love and your blessing will follow me all the days of my life; why then am i not seeing the promise?"

he brought me to this psalm.

i read verse 1 to 2. he told me that our journey with Him begins with a trust in Him, that in the LORD, we will have no lack. In Him, we will have a place to stay and rest and food to eat. A trust to know His provision over our lives.
then i read verse 3. He told me that with this trust we are then ready to walk the path the LORD had prepared for us- the path of rightousness, the path which our faith will be put to test; a path where finally ourselves to cease; a path of death to our flesh.
that's why in the following two verses, the psalmist describes this path as one that is like the valley of the shadow of death; one which is uncertain, uneasy, unknown and uncomfortable; one we know for sure our flesh will resist it to the fullest. yet there is a determination from the psalmist to walk this path cos he has trusted in God and wanted to exalt His Holy Name. He believesthat the LORD is there with him even in face of the greatest trial and danger. In Him, though the path is dark, there is no fear but comfort.
Verse 5 continues to declare the LORD's blessing in his life till his cup overflow. He finally ends off with verse 6-Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.- a declaration of faith and confidence of the LORD's love and blessing forever.


I know that the LORD has taken these 8 years to show me how much He loves and cares for me. I have grown to believe that in Him, i will have not lack but plenty. yet now, i know that He is inviting me to this path of righteousness. My foundation of faith will be tested. My flesh will have to yield, my spirit strengthen. I know that I will come out walking even closer with Him. I am excited. really excited. I want to know His heart. That has always been my prayer. I am ready LORD. lead me. i will walk this path you have marked out for me; this new path, for your name sake. your Cross is my strength and grace. i love you Jesus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home