Monday, September 25, 2006

never be the same....

lately the Lord has been speaking to me in regards to a passage in the bible. for months, the Lord has led me to the life of Moses. He shows me the cries of Moses heart in the midst of a stiff-necked generation of the israelites. (Exodus 33)

Moses pleaded with the Lord, "If you are pleased with me, teach me your ways so I may know you and continue to find favor with you. Remember that this nation is your people."
After that he said something that really blew my mind.....

Moses cried out,"Show me your glory!"

I used to asked myself why did Moses want to see God's glory... this used to baffle me. However that day the Lord revealed to me His heart. He showed me that He was deeply touched by Moses's request because no one has ever asked him that. Many chose not to come too near to Him for fear of being struck by His Holiness. But Moses dared.. for one simple reason, not out of pride, but out of a love for His God. At that moment, Moses felt the anguish and pain of the Lord after the Israelites had committed a grave sin against Him- The Golden Calf. He knew that the Lord loves His pple, yet was torn to leave them for the fear of destroying them out of His Holy wrath. God was heart-broken. He was a dejected lover. Moses, in that moment, could feel this brokeness in God's heart. The feeling was so intense in him. He pleaded God not to leave... He was crying, " God, please don't go! teach me your ways so that I will learn and continue to please you, so that I can teach them. God, please don't go!"
God's heart was deeply moved. He teared. (He actually told me that) To Him at that moment, He felt love, love from a man, made from His very own hands.
Moses saw God's glory- the essence of who God is, His very characters and goodness. He saw and He was still alive because God protected Him from Himself- His Holiness. From that day on, he was never the same.

The Lord has moved me to tears several times when He led me to meditate on this passage. the intense feeling between Moses and Him. God seems to be asking me, "will you love me this way?" Every time I hear these words from Him, my heart just cried out to Him, " LORD, I want to love you like Moses, but i know i can't. show me you GLORY so that I will never be the same!" I prayed that God will change my heart. I prayed that He will soften me. I prayed that He will make me passionate for Him all of my life.

"Show me your Way, show me you Heart, show me your Glory."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home