Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Greetings!

Today I went to the Singapore Boy's Home early in the morning for PSLE make up oral examination. It was my first time visiting the Home and I was actually quite excited. I had to collect the question booklet at Tiong Bahru Examination Centre (SEAB) before making my way there. When I realised that I would only be testing one candidate, I was like duh... all the way to Jurong West for a candidate... furthermore, including the CL oral examiners, there would be four of us going to Boy's Home just to test a candidate... haha.. quite funny.. anyway we still went ... My spirit wasn't dampened though... I was still excited and was wondering what God has installed for me there today...When we arrived, the first impression I got from the place was it really looked like a prison... high wall, huge gates.. double layers somemore.. the security was really tight. It took us quite a while to clear the security. As I was walking, I saw boys 13 to 16 years old doing push ups and watering plants. They were very disciplined. Finally, we met the contact person...Hmmm... He was really impersonal. He didn't even walk towards us to greet us nor shake our hands. He merely told us the boy was waiting for us over at a corner. We were given a classroom that was really small and stuffy and guess what, the student's table and chair are welded together and they are really heavy... guess they are afraid that the students might throw the tables and chairs at one another... or maybe the teacher.. I was like asking myself as I look at the boys,''Will I be here teaching someday? hmm.. Will God call me?" I just know that someone gotta be willing to stand for this youth... By the time we were back at the examination centre, it was only 10am... As I did not need to stay to help out for the second session at the centre, I left and hehe.. reaching home at 1030am.. Whoa! what a short day! Thank God! I was really sleepy and slept till 215pm. had lunch and went to find jj for a swim at tampines safra. haven't been exercing for quite a while le...it was really a great time swimming and working out our muscles. as jj put it, felt like all the latent energy was dissipated. also we heard 张学友's '吻别' in English!!! It was really distasteful.. or er xin...hahaha... jj commented only places like safra will play such song! haha...where warrant officers would say "hao ding' 'hao ding' .... i laugh till beng... then we went to his house and he let me hear the Mr Brown 'Mia Hum' lolllll i laugh till beng again.. then gotta leave cos he was having dinner with mum and dad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home